Each year, over 250 Bed + Breakfast locations open up their inns free of charge to veterans in support of the “B&Bs for Vets” celebration. This program is usually held on or around .
B&B’s for Vets is back again this year! The past several years there have been hundreds of B&B’s that have offered active and retired veterans free lodging for one night on or around Veteran’s Day.
My family and I participated last year. It was a great experience.
I’ve been checking every day at all the new locations. Right now they have over 70 locations but more are being added every day.
Here is a map of the current locations. I expect it to double or triple in the next couple of weeks
It’s not too late to sign up for this veterans day, here is how you can participate:
- Visit BB’s for Vets and click on the location you would like to stay
- Scroll down to the Search Box and enter in your State or wherever you would like to stay
- This will bring up a list of B&Bs that are participating in this event
- Pick a location you would like to stay and call their phone number to see if they still have available spots. Many locations have limited spots so don’t wait too long!
Here are some Rules of Participation for Active/Retired Military and Vets:
- A military ID or discharge papers may be required to prove military duty and active or prior military duty will be verified. Please be prepared to show evidence of prior military duty if asked by the innkeeper.
- A credit card number may be required to hold the room. We ask that all those participating understand their card may be charged for the full amount of one night’s stay in the event of a no-show. The room is only free if the guest shows up.
- Rooms are limited. Once they have filled at an individual inn, military and vets can try another inn, but are asked to be respectful of innkeepers if there are no rooms available. New inns are joining the program each day, so be sure to check back.
- Vets may bring one guest to stay with them. Most guest rooms at inns and B&Bs accommodate two people maximum and while some B&Bs can accommodate children, many are not appropriate for children 12 and under. Additionally, while some are pet-friendly, many inns/B&Bs are unable to accommodate pets.
- Please be aware of the property’s guidelines and rules before making a reservation, and follow the policies and guidelines for maximum in the room, cancellations, etc.
- Almost all inns and B&Bs are smoke-free. Some may provide outdoor locations for smoking but many do not allow smoking in or outside whatsoever.
- For more information visit bbs-for-vets-more-information-directions-for-registering
Last year, thousands of active and retired military were treated to this generous overnight free offer. What an awesome idea.
To learn more information visit bandbsforvets.org
From their website – “Thank you to our veterans and active military for your service. We hope you’ll come stay with us over Veteran’s Day!”