Lowe’s and Home Depot both offer 10% off for Military Members. This is probably one of the most well known military discounts around. There is still a ton of controversy about the discount. I still read on blogs or on Facebook that certain stores didn’t accept the Military Discount. Let’s take a closer look at the details of the Lowe’s military discount.
- Active/Reserve Duty Military Personnel (Army, Navy, AF, Marines, National and Coast Guard)
- Retired Veterans (they say you must have 20 years of service and have valid Veteran ID card (VIC)
- VA Recipients (aka those who receive VA benefits) and have valid Veteran ID card (VIC)
- Immediate family of options 1-3 above. This includes the spouse and children under the age of 18.
What about Veterans who don’t qualify under the restrictions above?
Lowe’s states that you can get 10% off on three specific Holidays: 1) Memorial Day, 2) 4th of July 3) Veterans Day.
In order to get the discount, you must provide a valid military ID (such as Form DD214 or a driver’s license with a veteran’s designation).
So to recap, I think they are saying if you are a veteran but didn’t serve for 20 years or have VA benefits then you DON’T qualify for the “everyday military discount” but rather the “Holiday Military Discount”
How much is the Lowe’s Military Discount?
Can I use the discount online?
- Yes, you can! Be sure to log into your MyLowe’s account prior to making your purchases.
Can I combine the discount with other promotions like new mover or project starter?
Do they have an official page with all the details?
- Yes. Click here
Lowes has previously been offering a 10% discount to Active Duty, 20-year-service Veterans, and VA Recipients and their immediate family. But they announced today that they will be expanding the discount to include all retired and honorably discharged veterans.
To get the everyday discount, apply at www.lowes.com/military.
Lowes will either add the automatic military discount to your existing MyLowes Account or send you a MyLowes card which applies the 10% discount at the register or online.
Did you know? The Home Depot also offers a military discount.