Southwest Airlines has a Military Discount. I had read about this discount for a while now but never actually tried to use it until this weekend. THE DISCOUNT IS AWESOME!!!! (It saved me 40%)
Here is my experience:
ME: Hi I’m looking for a flight from Denver to Portland for me and my spouse. Do you have a military discount?
SWA: Yes we do. It is only available for active duty however.
ME: Great, can my wife use the discount also?
SWA: Yes, dependents get the discount also for active duty military. They need a valid dependent ID card however.
ME: Awesome. Can you tell me how much the discount is?
SWA: The Military Discount Price for the day you want is $92 ($113 with all taxes and fees).
ME: Fantastic that is over $80 cheaper than buying it on southwest.com. Thank you, I’ll go ahead and buy them now.
How do you get the discount
- It’s simple. Just call 1-800-I-FLY-SWA and ask about their military discount.
- Can I use rapid reward points to pay for the tickets?
- No, you have to buy them with a credit card
- Are the military fares refundable?
- Can dependents travel solo without the active duty member?
- Yes, all they need is their dependent ID card