Let’s take a closer look at the 3 Major Warehouse Stores and their Military Discounts! All three stores offer their military discount for active duty members, Guard and Reserves, and retired military personnel and their families.
BJ’s Wholesale Club Military Discount
- Military membership is $35 (regularly $50)
- They will also send you a $10 Coupon in the mail.
The offer is valid to both active and retired military personnel. In addition, you get a Free Second Card and additional users can be added for $25 each. Note: Military Members must present a valid Military ID at the time of enrollment at the club. This $15 discount is valid for renewals also.
Costco Military Discount
COSTCO – Costco is unique because instead of presenting your ID card at the store to get the discount, they have partnered up with “SheerID” to verify your Military Status. This is all done online.
Here’s how to sign up for the Costco Military Discount:
- Visit the Costco website to start the online registration process
- Enter in your military status (active, retired, veteran) and contact information (name, email, birthday)
- Next, you will have to upload proof of military identification. Some examples include Form DD 214, VA ID, Deployment orders, or any other official military documentation.
- After they verify your military status they will send you an email with instructions on how to complete the rest of the online registration. This includes paying the $60 membership fee online.
- Costco will then send you your activation card in the mail. Take this activation card into Costco and they will complete the signup process and give you your official membership card with your picture ID.
- Along with the activation card, they will also send you coupons for free products and other great savings valued at more than $50. When I signed up a couple of years ago some of the coupon items included Rotisserie Chicken, Spring Drinking Water Bottles, and 48pk AA Batteries
RECAP: Membership costs $60 but with the membership, they send you coupons valued at around $20 bringing the overall cost of membership for military members to $40!!
Sam’s Club Military Discount
SamsClub – Offers a free $15 Gift Card with a 1-year membership. All you need is a valid ID. Membership is $45. Visit our Military Discount – Sam’s Club for more details
The nice thing about Sam’s Club Military Discount is that is good for renewals also. Costco’s military discount on the other hand is only good for NEW members.
Summary – Which Offer is the Best?
- BJ’s ($35 with $10 Coupon) = $25 Total Cost
- Costco ($60 with $20 in coupons) = $40 Total Cost
- Sam’s Club ($45 with a $15 GiftCard) = $30 Total Cost
In conclusion, Costco is definitely the cheapest cost when factoring in the coupons they send you. BJ’s and Sam’s Club are the better deals in the long run however because they give the military discount every year.